Skip to main content

Showing off Deb!

Hello there and happy Friday! This week seemed to go forever! I'm thankful for a pretty low key weekend with a equal parts DIY and relaxing. :)

Today I have a fantastic blogger to share with you -- it's been awhile since I've shared one with you. Deb's home at Seeking Lavender Lane has always caught my eye. She incorporates a lot of DIY in her designs, which I love. Her home is soothing and pretty but also has moments of great contrast.

Enjoy this tour and be sure to check her out this weekend and say hello!

I absolutely love how she painted the coffee table in her living room -- what a great idea to update an older piece!:
DIY clock coffee table

I just love it! I also love the black base at the bottom and the rest of this living room is beautiful as well: 
decorating around a TV

Deb's kitchen is a bright and pretty space thanks to some updates they've made over the years: 
farmhouse kitchen ideas

 She made a few more changes earlier this year and I was swooning over that light and those chairs!:
farmhouse kitchen table

I think this shot from her kitchen into her dining room is my favorite in her home though: 
grasscloth wallpaper dining room

You have to see the black accent wall in the kitchen -- it's dramatic and classic at the same time. 

Deb does a beautiful job of mixing items and accessorizing. Her family room is so well done and looks like such a cozy space: 
decorating with grays and white

I love that lamp! Isn't her home so comfy and pretty? 

She can change things up and it looks just as good -- like the industrial look in her son's room:
DIY industrial metal doors

Those faux steel doors are another DIY project, brilliant! 

You know I adore her use of gray and white in her powder room update
stamps on wall instead of wallpaper

By the way, that's not wallpaper -- it's a stamp! Love it!

I hope you enjoyed seeing Deb's home! I've just scratched the surface, there's so much more to see at her site. I love sharing talented bloggers with you! I am always in awe at the talent out there. 

Have a fantastic weekend and stay safe! 


Love peeping in on homes? I have a bunch of beautiful home tours over on my Projects page. Kathleen's home is one of my favorites: 

And Nicole's kitchen (and whole home) is so dreamy: 

SaveSaveSaveSave

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The bathroom renovation has started!

It's been awhile since I've gotten down and dirty with a DIY project and I jumped back in big time with this one! It was SO fun! :)  My whole family thinks I'm nuts by the way. Husband came home from a business trip and son came home from school to this happening...they know by now to expect this.  I've talked about the changes I've wanted to make in our son's bathroom for years now. I mentioned in January that THIS was the year we were going to make it happen. My plan was to add a window in the back room first, and then determine if I wanted to take the wall down: But I knew all along I wanted to take it down...I hate it. Loathe. So yesterday I got a wild hair and did just that. Sometimes I'll sit on a project forever until I just bite the bullet and just jump in. I knew I could make some progress on this room and still have it function, so I went for it.  And man, was it fun! And messy! I loved it. :)  I knew there was some electrical in the wall, but

EASY, inexpensive and beautiful DIY spring wreath!

These are my favorite kinds of projects/posts my friends! Quick DIYs that are easy to replicate and aren't going to break the bank. This one is especially easy!  I found this tulip wreath and fell. in. LOVE with it:  But the price? Seventy dollars?? 😳 It's gorgeous but I knew I could make my own.  I gathered my supplies -- this grapevine wreath I had already. I recommend grabbing one when they're on sale (I believe this one was $5 after half off). I love these because they're SO easy to stuff with seasonal items: Then I went to Hobby Lobby because their fake flowers were half off. I grabbed way more than I needed just in case (they're usually half off every other week so I wanted to make sure I had enough):  So pretty!  I used my wire cutting pliers and started cutting the stems off the bunches:  Then you just stuff them in! It really is so easy. Just place them where you want.  I thought it looked pretty with just a couple bunches on there: But I wanted a fuller

A Mediocre Life?

I read something a few weeks ago that really spoke to me -- it was one of those articles that makes you nod your head and yell "HECK YEAH!" as you read it.  It's called What if All I Want is a Mediocre Life and you can find it here -- it's a fast read and I'll wait while you go take a look. ;)  My only hesitation with the post is the use of the word mediocre. I could not agree more with everything she said, and it describes my outlook on life well. But my life is anything but mediocre. The definition of that word is "of only moderate quality, not very good." My life and what I do with it is anything but.  I have a content life. Replace "mediocre" with "content" and I'm on board.  I am not a woman of extremes, I do not always strive to be the best I can be. I do not tackle each day with intensity. I wake up and realize I get to do what I love -- be with my family, work on my home, visit with friends and write to you all. And I fin