Skip to main content

A Recap of My Favorite Projects

Hello there and happy Friday!! Hope you've had a wonderful week. So this is a fun day in TDC history because it's the eighth birthday of Thrifty Decor Chick! This is officially the longest job I've ever had -- ha! I cannot believe I'm starting on my ninth year of doing this -- what a crazy and absolutely wonderful ride it has been. :) I think I'll have a cupcake to celebrate.

I'm back today with a recap of projects from the past few months. I like to do this every so often (I used to do it every month but you know how well that goes) to share what I've been up to in case you missed something. Can't have that. 

I'm picking my favorites from February, March and April to share with you today. Enjoy!

This Disney pin art is seriously one of my favorites ever: 
Disney pin art

It's still holding up great -- I LOVE it. See how we created it at the link above. 

Our guest room has undergone some changes over the past year and it's so close to done. I changed up the color of the accent wall, added some new nightstands and showed you the new art in the room (it's adorable):
Farmhouse bedroom ideas

Our master is almost done too. Earlier this year I finished the painting, added new bedding and then made new pillows for the bed:
Gray accent wall with trim

I adore this room -- it's so soothing and pretty but the darker accent wall gives it some drama. (Still need to finish those nightstands!)

One of my favorite redos I think I've ever done was my son's nautical bathroom. The difference paint made was truly astounding: 
Simple bathroom makeover

You have to see the yellow before to really get a good idea. Plus the new daylight bulbs make a HUGE difference in here. 

I shared my top five decorating essentials and how I use them throughout the house: 
World Market everett table

I had to laugh when I wrote that because I do really stick to a lot of the same items, just different versions of them. They work!  

I finally finished up the upper cabinet lighting in the kitchen and shared the tutorial for that and under cabinet lighting
How to install upper and lower cabinet lighting

This is such an easy project -- I promise! It looks difficult but it's not. I share all the items we used with links to everything in that post. 

We got the news recently that there's an IKEA coming to Indiana (WHOOT). There are a few staples from that store that I love that cost less than $10

Five IKEA favorites (under $10)

I use most of them every day and they've all held up great. And you can't beat the price!

I went a little off topic when I joined in with some friends to share my favorite makeup

Gimme Brow

I use that Gimme Brow all the time -- love it! This was a fun post for this DIY girl. :) 

I've always wanted a blanket ladder and you'll never believe what this one used to be: 
Upcycled blanket ladder

I love reusing something that was headed for the trash!  

I have been purging our house for months now and I'm thisclose to done! I've shared how I organize some of our closets, including the linen closet
How to organize a linen closet

And the coat closet
How to organize a coat closet

As well as one of my favorites in the house -- our cubby toy storage
Toy storage in built in cubbies

I've been following the Konmari method and it's truly changed my life. I'm not kidding, it has rocked my world. Our house is cleaner and more organized than ever. 

In April it had been 12 years since we built and moved in to our home -- another milestone because before that the longest I ever stayed in once place was four years and that was a long time for me. I'm so in love with our home and feel so fortunate to live here. I shared the before and after photos of the rooms in our house to celebrate and one of my favorite transformations is our living room: 
Slipcovered sofa in neutral color

Again, you really have to see the before to see how far it's come. Some of the befores are pretty amazing. :) 

There you go! A recap of the past three months all wrapped up in one post for you. Of course there were many I didn't include but I know you've got stuff to do. ;) 

Have a great weekend my friends!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The bathroom renovation has started!

It's been awhile since I've gotten down and dirty with a DIY project and I jumped back in big time with this one! It was SO fun! :)  My whole family thinks I'm nuts by the way. Husband came home from a business trip and son came home from school to this happening...they know by now to expect this.  I've talked about the changes I've wanted to make in our son's bathroom for years now. I mentioned in January that THIS was the year we were going to make it happen. My plan was to add a window in the back room first, and then determine if I wanted to take the wall down: But I knew all along I wanted to take it down...I hate it. Loathe. So yesterday I got a wild hair and did just that. Sometimes I'll sit on a project forever until I just bite the bullet and just jump in. I knew I could make some progress on this room and still have it function, so I went for it.  And man, was it fun! And messy! I loved it. :)  I knew there was some electrical in the wall, but

EASY, inexpensive and beautiful DIY spring wreath!

These are my favorite kinds of projects/posts my friends! Quick DIYs that are easy to replicate and aren't going to break the bank. This one is especially easy!  I found this tulip wreath and fell. in. LOVE with it:  But the price? Seventy dollars?? 😳 It's gorgeous but I knew I could make my own.  I gathered my supplies -- this grapevine wreath I had already. I recommend grabbing one when they're on sale (I believe this one was $5 after half off). I love these because they're SO easy to stuff with seasonal items: Then I went to Hobby Lobby because their fake flowers were half off. I grabbed way more than I needed just in case (they're usually half off every other week so I wanted to make sure I had enough):  So pretty!  I used my wire cutting pliers and started cutting the stems off the bunches:  Then you just stuff them in! It really is so easy. Just place them where you want.  I thought it looked pretty with just a couple bunches on there: But I wanted a fuller

A Mediocre Life?

I read something a few weeks ago that really spoke to me -- it was one of those articles that makes you nod your head and yell "HECK YEAH!" as you read it.  It's called What if All I Want is a Mediocre Life and you can find it here -- it's a fast read and I'll wait while you go take a look. ;)  My only hesitation with the post is the use of the word mediocre. I could not agree more with everything she said, and it describes my outlook on life well. But my life is anything but mediocre. The definition of that word is "of only moderate quality, not very good." My life and what I do with it is anything but.  I have a content life. Replace "mediocre" with "content" and I'm on board.  I am not a woman of extremes, I do not always strive to be the best I can be. I do not tackle each day with intensity. I wake up and realize I get to do what I love -- be with my family, work on my home, visit with friends and write to you all. And I fin